Monday, May 17, 2010

Create a healthy lifestyle

Eating disorders are an addiction. They come in all shapes and sizes. I had one that happened after I fell asleep for the night. I would wake up and go to the kitchen. Once there I would look for something sweet, eat it, and go back to bed. If I ate after 1am, I would wake up with a bad taste in my mouth. Right there is a sign, that this is not healthy. If I did all of my “sleep – eating” before 1am, There was no bad taste, just extra weight. The body is at rest when we sleep, and is not capable of proper digestion. I learned all of this the hard way, but discovered that a glass of cold water satisfied my craving physically. The mental part was the hardest. Convincing yourself that you don’t need something is easier when you have figured out that something is bad for you. Listen to your body. It will tell you what you need to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment